
So I decided to start writting a little blog about myself, my ego and me ... yes, pretty much about the selfish part of myself ... nah just kiddding. I want to dedicate this page to me, my lovely husband and the path we take in life.
I was born in Usti nad Labem, Czech Republic in 1982. The Soviet Union was taking over our country big time, and so I grew up, poor and under the "red" roof. My parents, however, were not (and still aren't, and never will) ther part of socialism, they were strongly against it, and thats why we moved in 1987 out of the country and tried our luck in different parts of Europe. It wasnt such a great time of our lives, but we managed. I remember good and bad, but I am sure my parents remember mostly , the bad. We went back home in 1989 when the Soviet Union fell and our Country was "clean".
Living in socialism wasnt such a big deal, if you were 6 years old like me. But for my parents it was a jail. A room without windows. Imagine going to a food store and not being able to get basic stuff for your children like fruit and bread. There were coupons you had to get from your employer, that gave you 1 loaf of bread per family per month, 1 box of milk, 1 butter and some meat (mostly not good). If you had conections and were sneaky enough, you could get your children some oranges or bananas, but you payed for it big time.
If you were doctor or lawyer or pretty much anything, but you did not follow the socialism, you ended up working as a factory worker and if you didnt agree on such terms, you ended up on the street or jail. You could never leave the country, not even for just a week vacation. Your vaccation, was your home. There were some strickt laws back than. But I didnt know, I was only 6 years old.
If you were doctor or lawyer or pretty much anything, but you did not follow the socialism, you ended up working as a factory worker and if you didnt agree on such terms, you ended up on the street or jail. You could never leave the country, not even for just a week vacation. Your vaccation, was your home. There were some strickt laws back than. But I didnt know, I was only 6 years old.
Jarmilky - typical work out shoes
How do I remember those days? Good and bad. I had wonderful childhood, wonderful parents. I lived in small village in the Czech mountains and was lucky enough to have parents with great connections. I had ton of friends, and I loved school and my teachers, even though I did not understand, that what they were teaching us at that time, was all wrong. Part of my childhood I lived in Spain and other parts of Europe. I will write about those memories in next few blogs.
At the end, I am happy I went through everything I did, and I thank my parents for the way they cared for me and my brother and never let us down. I love my parents and my brother and will never forget those days we had when we were small children, running around our little village in the Czech Mountains and not knowing anything about the real world.
I will always love my country.



No comments:
Post a Comment